Careers at World Health
World Health Calgary strives to provide an exceptional fitness experience for its members and provides career oriented Calgarians a great place to build their career. As part of the World Health team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives every day. At the same time, you’ll be part of a passionate group of fitness leaders who know what it takes to succeed, and continue to shape the future of the fitness industry.
We’re Recruiting For The Following Positions
A Fitness Consultant at World Health will enrol new members into the club, thus starting their journey towards a more healthy and active life.
- Prospect daily for new contacts to bring into the club.
- Participate in a variety of community events in order to develop leads for the club.
- Build relationships with your new members and existing members, which will lead to referral opportunities.
- Follow up with your new members to ensure they are using their membership.
- Assist your new members in becoming integrated into their membership.
- You will have the opportunity to earn an exceptional income.
Fitness Consultants are able to participate in a number of contests throughout the year. Incentives can include steak dinners, weekend getaways, and trips to conferences or even Mexico.
If you are a goal driven, passionate professional, who would love to dictate your own earning potential, this is the role for you.
What you also need to know:
- Stay focused on your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- In the service industry, you work evenings and weekends and will work a 12-hour shift on closeout.
- Have thick skin. People will say “no” to you. Move past “no” to celebrate “yes”.
Certified Personal Trainer
A Certified Personal Trainer is responsible for integrating new members into their new lifestyle, ensuring they have the tools necessary to use their membership on a regular basis. This involves training clients on a regular basis and creating a program that clients can follow when they are exercising without a Personal Trainer.
Why Choose Us:
- World-class training and development to get you started on your new career.
- Complimentary CEC courses to retain your certification.
- Intrapreneurial! Enjoy all of the benefits of being an entrepreneur by designing and launching your own with the safe guards of being an employee.
- Our sales and marketing program will generate your initial client base that you will then grow and expand on.
- We have hundreds of thousands of members checking into our clubs each month. Many of those could be your future clients.
- Comprehensive benefits plan available for you and your family including an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and a free gym membership for you and a friend or family member.
- Industry leading compensation potential.
- Awards and top performer incentives.
- Grow and develop. Present at conferences, specialize in sport performance, life coaching, nutrition, online PT or get promoted to management. We can help you get there!
A day In The Life Of A Personal Trainer:
- As a new trainer, you’ll spend your day interacting with members on the gym floor and following up via email and phone. Once you have your client base built, you will spend less time prospecting and more time focusing on referrals and renewals.
- If you are not on the floor interacting with members, you will be in a fitness consultation showcasing the value of working with a personal trainer to our members.
- Once you are in a PT session, you will be providing a dynamic, fun, functional workout.
- Build your schedule to develop small groups to accommodate and help more members.
- Attending a CEC course once a quarter.
- Attending a monthly team meeting.
- Attending a monthly goal setting meeting and weekly group meeting with your colleagues.
- If you are so inclined, teaching a Group Fitness class or presenting a CEC course.
We are looking for committed, driven people who love to help people. Your personality will shine on the floor and people will naturally gravitate to you. You must hold a valid, current Personal Training certification.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Level C Certificate
- Personal Training Certificate or Personal Training Diploma or Bachelor of Kinesiology
We are currently hiring for all 7 club locations
|Brand||Location Name||Phone #||Address|
|World Health||North Hill||403-284-4597||1677, 1632-14 Ave NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 1M7|
|World Health||Sunridge||403-590-9250||221, 2525-36 Street NE, Calgary, AB, T1Y 5T4|
|World Health||Bay Club||403-265-3444||217-7 Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 0X1|
|World Health||Calgary Place||403-452-0254||Unit 252, 414- 3 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1R2|
|World Health||Edgemont||403-239-4048||7222 Edgemont Blvd NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 2X7|
|World Health||MacLeod||403-974-0300||4344 MacLeod Trail SW, Calgary, AB, T2G 0A4|
|World Health||Midnapore||403-201-7677||21-240 Midpark Way SE, Calgary, AB, T2X 1N4|
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract Group Fitness Instructor
As a contract Group Fitness Instructor you will host a party for 30 to 60 of your closest friends every class
- Flexible schedule: eligible to audition for a wide range of classes
- Access to an extensive curriculum of Continuing Education Credit (CEC) programs
- Multiple locations, including three Calgary and four Edmonton ladies-only facilities, available
- Instruct fun and energetic classes while assessing participant needs, determining modifications and following to safety standards
- Maintain all education requirements
- Follow club service standards
- 18 years or older
- Documentation of certification for national or provincial Group Fitness certification such as Canfitpro, FIS or AFLCA or equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Two years of previous teaching experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
About International Fitness Holdings
International Fitness Holdings (IFH) is the parent company of World Health, Spa Lady and Bankers Hall Club. With 23 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, we have been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for over 30 years.
Manager In Training Program (Fitness Club)
The World Health Manager in Training program is open to those who have demonstrated excellence in their role as a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer.
All candidates must work at least 6 months in either a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer position within World Health before being considered for a permanent management position. These management positions will be based directly in the clubs and you will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The comprehensive program was developed to ensure new managers have the talents and skills in order to be successful.
Fitness club management is a very dynamic career. As a General Manager or Fitness Manager, you will focus on:
- Sales Management
- Expense Management
- Human Resources
- Facility Management
- Member Experience
Our Managers in Training attend semi-weekly lectures while applying theory at the club level.
- Leadership – yourself, your teams
- Strength Based Management
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Performance Management
- Employment Law and Labour standards
- Payroll management
- Sales management
- Personal Training management
- Group Fitness management
- Member experience management
- Facilities management
By combining the theoretical knowledge with practical application as an Assistant Manager, we will ensure you have the tools to be successful as a new manager with World Health.
Manager, Payroll and Benefit Services
We are looking for a customer service focused Manager of Payroll & Benefit Services to join our team. This position is accountable for the overall management and direction of the Payroll and Benefit Services department. You will work closely with all associates, specifically, the Executive/Leadership, Human Resources (HR), and Operations teams to create trusted relationships as it pertains to payroll and benefits. Bring us your best in class ideas, think creatively about how our benefits offerings can help with building a culture of wellness, and work with our payroll and benefits providers to ensure our programs are competitive.
Reports to: VP, Finance or Financial Controller
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Process semi-monthly payroll for 800 salaried, hourly and commission-based employees and 350 contractors across two separate legal entities.
- Along with a team of four, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for a full cycle payroll for two legal entities including entering new hire employees and verifying set up and preparing termination pay and ROE’s within legislated guidelines.
- Responsible for the commission management system.
- Along with a team of four, responsible for responding to a large volume of emailed communications each day.
- Responsible for leading, supporting, and training payroll staff including prioritizing workload, providing feedback and addressing and resolving all payroll related issues in a timely and effective matter.
- Oversees timely and accurate completion and submission of filings required by Federal and Provincial legislation, such as Records of Employment, Revenue Canada remittances, T4’s, etc.
- Ensures adherence to all internal controls, system standards, policies and audit requirements such as payroll, tax, employment standards regulations and deadlines, to minimize the risk to employees and the company.
- Participate in management meetings and provide input and recommendations.
- Manage all aspects of company benefits programs, including Great West Life, Employee and Family Assistance Program, employee memberships, and other wellness initiatives for employees.
- Review benefits plan annual reporting and advise on overall program enhancements/ savings.
- Prepares analyses and presents financial information related to payroll and employee benefits to Executive teams.
- Takes initiative to develop training materials for the organization, including delivering training for Payroll and Time and Attendance systems and processes.
- 7-10 years of comprehensive payroll experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management capacity; experience in a complex and manual payroll environment is considered an asset.
- Completion of Canadian Payroll Association’s PCP or CPM certification, or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Post-Secondary education in Business, Finance and/or Payroll considered an asset.
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Excel is mandatory as this role is responsible for building and maintaining all pay files produced in Excel.
- Experience handling the full-cycle payroll process – time entry to T4’s and everything in between.
- Experience administering an ASO benefits plan considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, establish and maintain collaborative, service-oriented relationships with the payroll and benefits team, and internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of integrity and the ability to ensure confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Excellent prioritization, organizational, and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve high standards of service and performance.
- Strong understanding of Alberta payroll legislation, employment standards as well as other payroll/benefits rules and regulations.
- Previous experience with an in-house payroll/HRIS considered an asset.
- Experience with Avanti payroll software would be considered an asset.
- Experience motivating, training and managing staff in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong knowledge of employment and industry standards, including the hospitality industry.
- Excellent attention to detail with extreme care and concern for accuracy.
- Critical thinker, deductive reasoning skills, and proactive approach to tasks.
- Health, Dental, Paramedical (Massage, Chiropractor, etc.) for full-time employees.
- Complimentary fitness membership for yourself and a friend or family member.
- Professional development opportunities.
This position is based out of the IFH head office located in North West Calgary (Edgemont).
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, due to a large volume of applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fresh Fit Foods Café Supervisor
Fresh Fit Foods was founded in Edmonton, providing our members with convenient, healthy meal options to compliment their physical activity and fitness goals. We will be expanding into Calgary and working synergistically with the World Bistro to produce healthy food choices for our members and are looking for a dynamic, growth oriented, intrapreneurial leader to help us grow this business.
Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for a healthy lifestyle to both serve and cook 70-80%. This role will function as a server on a daily basis in addition to being responsible for the production of the Fresh Fit Foods Grab and Go menu. They will also oversee the daily operations in a hybrid café-bistro establishment. This person is a lover of coffee and values healthy foods using quality ingredients. With a strong desire to create a successful business, the candidate will understand the importance of working in the business operating the back of house and being customer service focused while running the front of house.
Supervisor responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. They will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. They will also be responsible for implementing the production of the Fresh Fit Foods Grab and Go menu.
Typically, a Tuesday – Saturday schedule with evening and weekend availability required.
Some early shifts (as early as 5am may be required on a periodic basis).
Hours of work could potentially begin as early as 5am once Fresh Fit Foods production ramps up.
Bistro hours of operation (subject to change):
Monday – Friday: 9am – 10pm
Saturday: 9:30am – 7pm
Sunday: 9:30am – 5:30pm
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction, responding efficiently to complaints
- Regularly review product quality, researching new menu ideas and vendors
- Overseeing kitchen operations including training and assistance as needed in prep and on the line
- Recruit, hire, and train employees along with scheduling for both front and back of house
- Staff performance reviews and provide feedback to improve productivity and service
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain restaurant operations
- Ensure compliance with sanitation, AGLC, as well as food safety regulations
- Control operational costs including inventory management and labour while identifying and implementing cost efficiencies
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth
- Planning restaurant events
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Strong focus on creating operational efficiencies and holding accountability to high quality assurance standards
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time.
- The employee occasionally walks and reaches with hands and arms and frequently lifts and or moves up to 20 pounds.
- Adaptable to change; ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment adjusting priorities as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- High customer service standards
- Team Player
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Passionate about health and wellness
- Base salary + tips
- Daily meal allowance
- Quarterly Profit Bonus
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a friend or family member to any World Health or Spa Lady club in Alberta.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, due to a large volume of applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE
Click to view Calgary's Group Exercise class schedules. Filter by location, day, time, and instructor.
CAREERS AT WORLD HEALTH
We're hiring passionate fitness professionals. Make a difference in people's lives everyday.
REFER A FRIEND TODAY
Refer a friend to enrol with World Health and receive a free gym bag while supplies last.