Careers at World Health
World Health Calgary strives to provide an exceptional fitness experience for its members and provides career oriented Calgarians a great place to build their career. As part of the World Health team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives every day. At the same time, you’ll be part of a passionate group of fitness leaders who know what it takes to succeed, and continue to shape the future of the fitness industry.
We’re Recruiting For The Following Positions
A Fitness Consultant at World Health will enrol new members into the club, thus starting their journey towards a more healthy and active life.
- Prospect daily for new contacts to bring into the club.
- Participate in a variety of community events in order to develop leads for the club.
- Build relationships with your new members and existing members, which will lead to referral opportunities.
- Follow up with your new members to ensure they are using their membership.
- Assist your new members in becoming integrated into their membership.
- You will have the opportunity to earn an exceptional income.
Fitness Consultants are able to participate in a number of contests throughout the year. Incentives can include steak dinners, weekend getaways, and trips to conferences or even Mexico.
If you are a goal driven, passionate professional, who would love to dictate your own earning potential, this is the role for you.
What you also need to know:
- Stay focused on your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- In the service industry, you work evenings and weekends and will work a 12-hour shift on closeout.
- Have thick skin. People will say “no” to you. Move past “no” to celebrate “yes”.
Certified Personal Trainer
A Certified Personal Trainer is responsible for integrating new members into their new lifestyle, ensuring they have the tools necessary to use their membership on a regular basis. This involves training clients on a regular basis and creating a program that clients can follow when they are exercising without a Personal Trainer.
Why Choose Us:
- World-class training and development to get you started on your new career.
- Complimentary CEC courses to retain your certification.
- Intrapreneurial! Enjoy all of the benefits of being an entrepreneur by designing and launching your own with the safe guards of being an employee.
- Our sales and marketing program will generate your initial client base that you will then grow and expand on.
- We have hundreds of thousands of members checking into our clubs each month. Many of those could be your future clients.
- Comprehensive benefits plan available for you and your family including an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and a free gym membership for you and a friend or family member.
- Industry leading compensation potential.
- Awards and top performer incentives.
- Grow and develop. Present at conferences, specialize in sport performance, life coaching, nutrition, online PT or get promoted to management. We can help you get there!
A day In The Life Of A Personal Trainer:
- As a new trainer, you’ll spend your day interacting with members on the gym floor and following up via email and phone. Once you have your client base built, you will spend less time prospecting and more time focusing on referrals and renewals.
- If you are not on the floor interacting with members, you will be in a fitness consultation showcasing the value of working with a personal trainer to our members.
- Once you are in a PT session, you will be providing a dynamic, fun, functional workout.
- Build your schedule to develop small groups to accommodate and help more members.
- Attending a CEC course once a quarter.
- Attending a monthly team meeting.
- Attending a monthly goal setting meeting and weekly group meeting with your colleagues.
- If you are so inclined, teaching a Group Fitness class or presenting a CEC course.
We are looking for committed, driven people who love to help people. Your personality will shine on the floor and people will naturally gravitate to you. You must hold a valid, current Personal Training certification.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Level C Certificate
- Personal Training Certificate or Personal Training Diploma or Bachelor of Kinesiology
We are currently hiring for all 7 club locations
|Brand||Location Name||Phone #||Address|
|World Health||North Hill||403-284-4597||1677, 1632-14 Ave NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 1M7|
|World Health||Sunridge||403-590-9250||221, 2525-36 Street NE, Calgary, AB, T1Y 5T4|
|World Health||Bay Club||403-265-3444||217-7 Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 0X1|
|World Health||Calgary Place||403-452-0254||Unit 252, 414- 3 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1R2|
|World Health||Edgemont||403-239-4048||7222 Edgemont Blvd NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 2X7|
|World Health||MacLeod||403-974-0300||4344 MacLeod Trail SW, Calgary, AB, T2G 0A4|
|World Health||Midnapore||403-201-7677||21-240 Midpark Way SE, Calgary, AB, T2X 1N4|
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract Group Fitness Instructor
As a contract Group Fitness Instructor you will host a party for 30 to 60 of your closest friends every class
- Flexible schedule: eligible to audition for a wide range of classes
- Access to an extensive curriculum of Continuing Education Credit (CEC) programs
- Multiple locations, including three Calgary and four Edmonton ladies-only facilities, available
- Instruct fun and energetic classes while assessing participant needs, determining modifications and following to safety standards
- Maintain all education requirements
- Follow club service standards
- 18 years or older
- Documentation of certification for national or provincial Group Fitness certification such as Canfitpro, FIS or AFLCA or equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Two years of previous teaching experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
About International Fitness Holdings
International Fitness Holdings (IFH) is the parent company of World Health, Spa Lady and Bankers Hall Club. With 23 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, we have been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for over 30 years.
Manager In Training Program (Fitness Club)
The World Health Manager in Training program is open to those who have demonstrated excellence in their role as a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer.
All candidates must work at least 6 months in either a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer position within World Health before being considered for a permanent management position. These management positions will be based directly in the clubs and you will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The comprehensive program was developed to ensure new managers have the talents and skills in order to be successful.
Fitness club management is a very dynamic career. As a General Manager or Fitness Manager, you will focus on:
- Sales Management
- Expense Management
- Human Resources
- Facility Management
- Member Experience
Our Managers in Training attend semi-weekly lectures while applying theory at the club level.
- Leadership – yourself, your teams
- Strength Based Management
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Performance Management
- Employment Law and Labour standards
- Payroll management
- Sales management
- Personal Training management
- Group Fitness management
- Member experience management
- Facilities management
By combining the theoretical knowledge with practical application as an Assistant Manager, we will ensure you have the tools to be successful as a new manager with World Health.
Contact Center Agent
We are currently seeking ambitious, results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference.
A Contact Center Agent is an energetic professional who is interested in helping the business grow through outreach and value-based conversations which create a best in class customer experience. This role will be reporting to the Contact Centre Manager.
Compensation: $20 per hour & a performance bonus
Location: 7222 Edgemont Blvd NW Calgary, AB
Schedule: Full-Time & Part-Time shifts available Monday – Sunday; 9am-9pm. Please indicate your availability.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- To adhere to the Contact Center performance metrics (KPI’s) on attempts per hour; appointments per shift and guests created to the club
- Conducting contacts to potential members to sell Fitness Club Memberships and Services including calls, emails, texts
- Use provided scripts to supply information about and present the benefits of, products, features, etc.
- Ask pertinent questions to understand the customers’ needs in real time
- Persuade the customer to buy, by demonstrating how services meet their needs
- Maintaining accurate records including customers personal information and notes accurately in a computer system
- Go to great lengths to meet sales quotas and facilitate future sales
- Seek a high level of service and product knowledge, including trends with relevant products and services which are in the portfolio you are promoting
- Keep current on what services are being offered in club and with competitors
- Participate in group or individual role playing to enhance and improve skills
- Continuous self-improvement through reading or education
What you possess?
- Proven experience in outbound contact center
- Proven track record of successfully meeting performance metrics (KPI’s)
- Possess an attitude of never-ending improvement and therefore practice your skills daily through in role playing
- Working knowledge of contact center computer programs and telecommunication systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Previous experience in health and fitness industry will be considered an asset
- Skilled in negotiation and dealing with concerns
- Resilient, result-oriented and able to stay focused and on task for long periods of time
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 2 years of proven outbound contact center experience or at least 3 years in a sales role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to type
- Ability to build a customer relationship quickly through phone, text and email
- Exceptional active listening skills
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, various personalities and temperaments
- Ability to multitask, simultaneously listening, thinking about solutions to offer, taking notes and entering data
- Ability to work extra hours based on business needs and/or shift work
Why join our team?
International Fitness Holdings is the parent company of World Health, Spa Lady and Bankers Hall Club. With 22 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, we have been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for 30 years.
Our Mission: To enrich people’s lives by inspiring a healthy and active lifestyle.
Our Vision: We are passionate professionals leading the health and fitness industry with excellence!
Our people are our passion! We strive to be the employer of choice in the fitness industry by offering:
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Free gym membership for you and a friend or family member
- Continuing education & career advancement opportunities
- Community involvement and philanthropy
- Incentives for top performers
- Substantial staff discounts on services
- Manager in Training & Mentorship program
*We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter to email@example.com. Include ‘Contact Center Agent’ in your subject line.
GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE
Click to view Calgary's Group Exercise class schedules. Filter by location, day, time, and instructor.
CAREERS AT WORLD HEALTH
We're hiring passionate fitness professionals. Make a difference in people's lives everyday.
REFER A FRIEND TODAY
Refer a friend to enrol with World Health and receive a free gym bag while supplies last.