Careers at World Health
World Health Calgary strives to provide an exceptional fitness experience for its members and provides career oriented Calgarians a great place to build their career. As part of the World Health team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives every day. At the same time, you’ll be part of a passionate group of fitness leaders who know what it takes to succeed, and continue to shape the future of the fitness industry.
We’re Recruiting For The Following Positions
A Fitness Consultant at World Health will enrol new members into the club, thus starting their journey towards a more healthy and active life.
- Prospect daily for new contacts to bring into the club.
- Participate in a variety of community events in order to develop leads for the club.
- Build relationships with your new members and existing members, which will lead to referral opportunities.
- Follow up with your new members to ensure they are using their membership.
- Assist your new members in becoming integrated into their membership.
- You will have the opportunity to earn an exceptional income.
Fitness Consultants are able to participate in a number of contests throughout the year. Incentives can include steak dinners, weekend getaways, and trips to conferences or even Mexico.
If you are a goal driven, passionate professional, who would love to dictate your own earning potential, this is the role for you.
What you also need to know:
- Stay focused on your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- In the service industry, you work evenings and weekends and will work a 12-hour shift on closeout.
- Have thick skin. People will say “no” to you. Move past “no” to celebrate “yes”.
Certified Personal Trainer
A Certified Personal Trainer is responsible for integrating new members into their new lifestyle, ensuring they have the tools necessary to use their membership on a regular basis. This involves training clients on a regular basis and creating a program that clients can follow when they are exercising without a Personal Trainer.
We are currently hiring for all 8 club locations, including fully staffing our new location: Calgary Place.
Anticipated Start Date
- As soon as possible
Terms of Employment
- Permanent Full-Time
- 50 Personal Trainer positions available
- Fitness Centre
Hours per Week
- 40 hours per week (early morning, morning, day, evening, weekend)
Financial Benefits & Compensation
- Wage (to be negotiated and may vary based on experience) ranging from $21 to $40 per hour plus ability to earn commission and bonus.
- Interpersonal awareness
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Level C Certificate
- Personal Training Certificate or Personal Training Diploma or Bachelor of Kinesiology
Specific Skills & Experience
- No previous Personal Training experience required
- Leading/ instructing groups
- Leading/ instructing individuals
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Plan and carry out recreational, fitness and sports activities
Health & Family-Friendly Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Premium: World Health pays 50% of the group insurance premiums, employee pays for 50%.
- Coverage includes: medical benefits, dental benefits, paramedical (massage, chiropractor, dieticians, etc.), long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death, dismemberment and specific loss coverage, out of country insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: no waiting period, no minimum hours required, free for all employees.
- Complimentary gym membership for yourself and a friend or family member.
- Covered through World Health liability insurance (personal coverage not required)
- Complimentary Continuing Education Credit (CEC) courses from an extensive curriculum.
- Vacation pay accrued starting at 4% of eligible earnings.
Methods to Apply
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: 7222 Edgemont Blvd NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 2X7
- By fax: 403-278-3465
- In person or by phone:
|Brand||Location Name||Phone #||Address|
|World Health||Richmond||403-240-1555||20, 4604-37 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T3E 3C9|
|World Health||North Hill||403-284-4597||1677, 1632-14 Ave NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 1M7|
|World Health||Sunridge||403-590-9250||221, 2525-36 Street NE, Calgary, AB, T1Y 5T4|
|World Health||Bay Club||403-265-3444||217-7 Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 0X1|
|World Health||Calgary Place||403-452-0254||Unit 252, 414- 3 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1R2|
|World Health||Edgemont||403-239-4048||7222 Edgemont Blvd NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 2X7|
|World Health||MacLeod||403-974-0300||4344 MacLeod Trail SW, Calgary, AB, T2G 0A4|
|World Health||Midnapore||403-201-7677||21-240 Midpark Way SE, Calgary, AB, T2X 1N4|
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract Group Fitness Instructor
As a contract Group Fitness Instructor you will host a party for 30 to 60 of your closest friends every class
- Flexible schedule: eligible to audition for a wide range of classes
- Access to an extensive curriculum of Continuing Education Credit (CEC) programs
- Multiple locations, including three Calgary and four Edmonton ladies-only facilities, available
- Instruct fun and energetic classes while assessing participant needs, determining modifications and following to safety standards
- Maintain all education requirements
- Follow club service standards
- 18 years or older
- Documentation of certification for national or provincial Group Fitness certification such as Canfitpro, FIS or AFLCA or equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Two years of previous teaching experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
About International Fitness Holdings
International Fitness Holdings (IFH) is the parent company of World Health, Spa Lady and Bankers Hall Club. With 23 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, we have been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for over 30 years.
Manager In Training Program (Fitness Club)
The World Health Manager in Training program is open to those who have demonstrated excellence in their role as a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer.
All candidates must work at least 6 months in either a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer position within World Health before being considered for a permanent management position. These management positions will be based directly in the clubs and you will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The comprehensive program was developed to ensure new managers have the talents and skills in order to be successful.
Fitness club management is a very dynamic career. As a General Manager or Fitness Manager, you will focus on:
- Sales Management
- Expense Management
- Human Resources
- Facility Management
- Member Experience
Our Managers in Training attend semi-weekly lectures while applying theory at the club level.
- Leadership – yourself, your teams
- Strength Based Management
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Performance Management
- Employment Law and Labour standards
- Payroll management
- Sales management
- Personal Training management
- Group Fitness management
- Member experience management
- Facilities management
By combining the theoretical knowledge with practical application as an Assistant Manager, we will ensure you have the tools to be successful as a new manager with World Health.
GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE
Click to view Calgary's Group Exercise class schedules. Filter by location, day, time, and instructor.
CAREERS AT WORLD HEALTH
We're hiring passionate fitness professionals. Make a difference in people's lives everyday.
REFER A FRIEND TODAY
Refer a friend to enrol with World Health and receive a free gym bag while supplies last.