+ Tennis Program
To introduce and encourage more players into our sport to ensure that all players of all ages and abilities at World Health get the opportunity to enjoy and improve their game within a welcoming, friendly and high-performance environment.
To provide a positive influence in the lives of young athletes in order to develop their confidence, self-esteem, and respect for others.
Our Coaching Philosophy
A personal, friendly service for groups and individuals to attain their full potential by becoming technically sound, tactically aware, physically fit, mentally attuned and most importantly, to have fun and enjoy the game.
- This class is for beginners and advanced beginners. The first hour is focused on the fundamental techniques to get players rallying, volleying and serving more consistently. The last 30 minutes involves putting the skills into a game situation. Register online via GameTime.
- This class is for advanced beginners and lower intermediate players. The first hour is focused on the fundamental techniques and tactics in a doubles situation. The last 30 minutes involves using the skills during a doubles set. Register online via GameTime.
- This class is for intermediate players who play in club tournaments, leagues, and the 3.0 interclub. The first hour is a combination of rally drills, feeding drills, and point play while focusing on more advanced technique and tactics. The last 30 minutes involves using the skills during a doubles set. Register online via GameTime.
- This class is for advanced players who play in provincial tournaments, leagues, and the 4.0 or 4.5 interclub. The first hour is a combination of rally drills, feeding drills, and point play while focusing on more advanced technique and tactics. The last 30 minutes involves using the skills during a doubles set. Register online via GameTime.
- Monday 9am
- Wednesday 6pm
- Thursday 12pm
- Saturday 12pm
Tournaments & Social Events
We offer a variety of tournaments and social events throughout the tennis season. This includes our popular members only World Health Championships and World Health fun social events. You can register for these events online via GameTime.
• Cardio Tennis and Doubles Mixer Tennis Social – TBD
• Christmas Team Tournament – TBD
• Mixed Doubles Club Championships – TBD
• Doubles Club Championships – TBD
• Singles Club Championships – TBD
• Team Tournament and Wind-up Party – TBD
World Health offers daytime and evening leagues for its tennis membership during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. Players sign-up online via GameTime and are then put into boxes based on their previous results. World Health offers the following leagues:
• Monday Evening Men’s League
• Tuesday Morning Mixed League
• Wednesday Evening Drop-In Mixed League
• Singles League/Ladder
Junior Program – Progressive Tennis
World Health uses the progressive tennis model for its Junior Recreational Program. Progressive tennis is for 5-10 year olds and allows young players to learn and play the game more quickly, efficiently and successfully. It uses a systematic progression of court sizes, balls, and racquets, to scale the game down to an appropriate level.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3|
|September 11th to December 16th 2017
• Registration Starts June 30th at 8am
|January 8th to March 22nd 2018
• Registration Starts December 6th at 8am
|April 9th to June 23th 2018
• Registration Starts March 14th at 8am
Half-Court Tennis (often called “Mini Tennis”)
5-7 year olds
Half-Court tennis is the first step in progressive tennis. The transition to successful half-court tennis will require a period of skill development where basic co- ordination and cooperative activities will lead to the development of the basic strokes and fundamentals.
3/4 Court Tennis
7-9 Year Olds
The 3⁄4 Court stage is the most important stage of this progressive development. As the court dimensions are adjusted smaller but with a similar ratio as the full court. This step helps ensure the development of an all- court game style with net-play. The key is to develop the same tactics as full court tennis along with the associated techniques.
Players will move to 3⁄4 Court once they have a full repertoire of skills at the half court. For most players who have gone through the half court program, this transition will take place at 7 years of age. There will also be some late starters or less coordinated players who will make this transition at 8-9 years of age.
Full Court Tennis
9-10 Year Olds
Players will move to full court once they have a full repertoire of skills at the 3⁄4 court. For some very highly skilled players this will be at 8 years of age, however, for most players who have gone through the half and 3⁄4 court programs this transition will take place at 9 years of age. There will also be some late starters or less athletic players who will make this transition at 10 years of age.
All ages listed above are recommendations.
|Level||Classes – Session 1|
|Red 1 – Saturday 12:00-1:00pm|
|Orange 1 – Friday 4:00-5:00pm|
|Orange 2 – Saturday 1:00-2:00pm|
|Green 1 – Wednesday 6:00-7:00pm|
|Green 2 – Friday 5:00-6:00pm|
|Green 3 – Saturday 3:00-4:00pm|
|Teen 1 – Thursday 5:30-7:00pm|
|Teen 2 – Saturday 4:00-5:30pm|
|Orange – Competitive
Born 2009, 2010 & 2011
*All days are required
Junior Program – High Performance
The World Health High-Performance Program is a small program that specializes in personalized training. Due to our small numbers we are able to prepare periodized annual training for each of our players. This includes the technical and tactical aspects of tennis as well as the physical and mental.
Our small team of coaches have international experience at the US collegiate level as well as the ATP Futures level. We pride ourselves on our continued involvement in competitive sports, which allows us to better understand the stresses of competition as well as the importance of focused training.
If you are interested in our High-Performance Program, contact Adrian Court at email@example.com to book an assessment.
|HP – Elite
U14 – U18
|Monday – 4:00-5:30pm|
|Tuesday – 4:00-5:30pm|
|Wednesday – 4:30-6:00pm|
|Thursday – 4:00-5:30pm|
|Fitness – Wednesday 4:00-4:30pm
Kinstretch – Tuesday 5:30-6:00pm
Match Play – Saturday 5:30-7:00pm
|HP – Futures
U10 – U12
|Monday – 5:30-7:00pm|
|Tuesday – 5:30-7:00pm|
|Fitness – Thursday 5:00-5:30pm
Kinstretch – Tuesday 5:00-5:30pm
Match Play – Saturday 5:30-7:00pm
Online Booking and Registration
All World Health Members use GameTime to book tennis courts and to register for adult programs, leagues, socials, and tournaments. To access the site, please click below:
Orientations are available for all new tennis members upon joining. An orientation will last approximately 20 minutes and involves going on the court to play one game and then reviewing the ladder system and integrating the new member into what program fits for them. They are run by the Associate Professionals and can be booked by phoning the tennis office.
Find out about all of our programs and events by joining our e-mail list. Contact Adrian Court at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the e-mail list.