Careers at World Health
Careers at World Health
World Health Calgary strives to provide an exceptional fitness experience for its members and provides career oriented Calgarians a great place to build their career. As part of the World Health team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives every day. At the same time, you’ll be part of a passionate group of fitness leaders who know what it takes to succeed, and continue to shape the future of the fitness industry.
Are you looking for a career as a Personal Trainer? Check out our Personal Training ICE Program to get started.
If you are looking for a career as a Personal Trainer, consider the World Health Personal Training ICE Program to get started.
Internship – Our formalized Personal Training internship program will pair you with a senior trainer who will act as your coach and mentor. Coupled with the experience and direction from your Fitness Manager, your internship experience will teach you everything you need to know to become a successful Personal Trainer in the fitness industry.
Certification – World Health Calgary has partnered with leading certification organizations in Canada to offer flexible class and exam times. You don’t need to quit your day job to attend either.
Experience – World Health Personal Trainers are amongst the most knowledgeable and experienced in the fitness industry. We take pride in our complimentary in-house Continuing Education Program, where you will learn valuable industry insight from training veterans.
World Health offers career minded individuals a progressive career path in personal training. Once you become a certified Personal Trainer with World Health Calgary, you can continue to grow your knowledge and client base, as well as your income levels. One of the most consistent pieces of feedback we hear from personal trainers is they enjoy making a positive impact in people’s lives while earning a comfortable income.
For more information please email email@example.com
Our Mission is to enrich people’s lives by inspiring a healthy and active lifestyle.
Our company culture is what makes us a unique place to work. We strive to be the employer of choice in the fitness industry by offering:
- Industry leading compensation plans
- Continuing education opportunities including complimentary courses and scholarships
- Flexible hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- Manager in Training program
- Mentorship program
- Community involvement and philanthropy
- Employee events including tournaments, trips and more
We’re Recruiting For The Following Positions
A Fitness Consultant at World Health will enrol new members into the club, thus starting their journey towards a more healthy and active life.
- Prospect daily for new contacts to bring into the club.
- Participate in a variety of community events in order to develop leads for the club.
- Build relationships with your new members and existing members, which will lead to referral opportunities.
- Follow up with your new members to ensure they are using their membership.
- Assist your new members in becoming integrated into their membership.
- You will have the opportunity to earn an exceptional income.
Fitness Consultants are able to participate in a number of contests throughout the year. Incentives can include steak dinners, weekend getaways, and trips to conferences or even Mexico.
If you are a goal driven, passionate professional, who would love to dictate your own earning potential, this is the role for you.
What you also need to know:
- Stay focused on your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- In the service industry you work evenings and weekends and will work a 12 hour shift on closeout.
- Have thick skin. People will say “no” to you. Move past “no” to celebrate “yes”.
Certified Personal Trainer
A Personal Trainer at World Health Calgary is responsible for integrating new members into their new lifestyle, ensuring they have the tools necessary to use their membership on a regular basis.
This involves training clients on a regular basis and creating a program that clients can follow when they are exercising without a personal trainer. You will also prescribe group exercise classes that the clients can attend.
Salary: Hourly: min. $19.44 – max. $40 for 40.0 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Permanent Full-Time
Number of Positions: 5
Languages: English – read, write, speak fluently
Education: Completion of high school; completion of colledge/CEGEP/vocational or technical training; completion of university
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate; Fitness Instructor Certificate
Types of Clients: All ages
Work Setting: Fitness Centre
Activity Focus: Leading/instructing individuals; Leading/instructing groups
Specific Skills: Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques; plan and carry out fitness and sports activities
Additional Skills: Keep logs and maintain records
- Follow up with new members to ensure they are achieving their goals and using their membership
- Create new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with members on our workout floor daily
- Actively prospect for new clients, by building relationships with our members and asking for referrals from your existing clients
- Design effective programs based on client requirements
- Lead dynamic personal training sessions ensuring your clients achieve a session frequency necessary to obtain results
World Health Calgary Locations:
- Bay – 217, 7 Ave SW
- Edgemont – 7222 Edgemont Blvd NW
- Macleod – 4344 Macleod Trail S
- Midnapore – 21 – 240 Midpark Way SE
- North Hill – 1632 – 14 Ave NW (North Hill Mall)
- Richmond – 4604 – 37 Street SW
- Sunridge – 2525 – 36 Street NE (Sunridge Mall)
Why be a Personal Trainer with World Health when you can do it on your own?
- World Health pays your liability insurance.
- World Health will offer you a continuing educational scholarship and complimentary CEC courses.
- Access to over 100,000 members and thousands of check-ins per month.
- Clients can finance Personal Training packages.
- World Health pays vacation and statutory holiday pay. Independent contractors miss out on income every hour they are not working.
- World Health provides base pay to get you started while you build your client base.
- World Health provides instruction and mentoring so you are successful.
- World Health Personal Trainers can earn a top income, even over six-figures.
- On our amazing team, you are surrounded by people just like you.
What you also need to know:
- Stay focused on your daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- In the service industry you work evenings and weekends and will work a 12 hour shift on closeout
- Have thick skin. People will say “no” to you. Move past “no” to celebrate “yes”
I am interested in becoming a Personal Trainer, but am not yet certified. How do I proceed?
If you’re interested in becoming a personal trainer, but are not yet certified, our Intern Program is a great place to begin.
We have developed a formal internship/mentorship program, where interns can shadow and learn from some of our fitness veterans. World Health has also partnered with various educational institutions where you can obtain the credentials necessary to become certified. If you would like more information on our intern program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Personal Training Certification Programs in Calgary:
- University of Calgary – Faculty of Kinesiology www.ucalgary.ca/knes/
- Mount Royal University – Personal Fitness Trainer (CPT) www.mtroyal.ca/ProgramsCourses/ContinuingEducation/pft
- Elevated Learning Academy www.elevatedlearningacademy.com
- canfitpro www.canfitpro.com/en/types-of-certifications/personal-training-specialist-pts
- Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association www.provincialfitnessunit.ca/resistance-training-course/
Group Exercise Instructor
A Group Exercise Instructor will host a party for 30 to 60 of your closest friends every class. You love to be the centre of attention, and love to lead a crowd.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your class to greet all members and make sure the new people are comfortable
- Ensure your classes adaptable to suit all fitness levels
- Stay after class to thank the participants for coming to class
- Group Exercise instructors are able to obtain complimentary continuing education credits throughout the year. You can also mentor under veteran instructors while learning the ropes.
We offer a progressive compensation program, incentivising our instructors to build and retain large followings.
What you also need to know:
- You will be required to attend two semi annual meetings
- You will be required to teach at multiple locations
(Fitness Club) Manager In Training Program
The World Health Manager in Training program is open to current employees who have demonstrated excellence in their role as a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer.
All candidates must work at least 6 months in either a Fitness Consultant or Personal Trainer position within World Health before being considered for a permanent management position. These management positions will be based directly in the clubs and you will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The comprehensive program was developed to ensure new managers have the talents and skills in order to be successful.
Fitness club management is a very dynamic career. As a General Manager or Fitness Manager, you will focus on:
- Sales Management
- Expense Management
- Human Resources
- Facility Management
- Member Experience
Our Managers in Training attend semi-weekly lectures, while applying theory at the club level.
- Leadership – yourself, your teams
- Strength Based Management
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Performance Management
- Employment Law and Labour standards
- Payroll management
- Sales management
- Personal Training management
- Group Fitness management
- Member experience management
- Facilities management
By combining the theoretical knowledge with practical application as an Assistant Manager, we will ensure you have the tools to be successful as a new manager with World Health.