Consuming a sensible diet is only half of the equation when it comes to how to lose weight. Engaging in a regular exercise routine is equally important when it comes to shedding the pounds and improving overall health. There are also two mental states of mind that are crucial to taking on the weight loss challenge and maintaining your achieved healthy weight for life. Motivation is the spark that will get you moving, and habit is the driving force that will keep your momentum going.
Get Motivated to Get Moving
Sedentary lifestyles contribute to being overweight and developing decreased mobility. Conversely, motion contributes to vitality for years to come. Maintaining your exercise program and thinking of your nutritious meal plan as the blueprint for living the rest of your life will preserve your new healthy weight and dramatically reduce your chances of developing such health problems as:
- Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke
While such outdoor recreational pastimes as hiking, swimming or cycling are all excellent choices to get the whole family moving on the weekends, these physical activities are either seasonal or weather-dependent. When the weather is right, they are a great way to vary up your physical activity and supplement your weekly exercise. Joining a gym for most of your exercise endeavours offers a number of benefits that will ensure a more effective, safer and quicker weight loss.
- Indoor environment is essential for year-round exercise, no matter where the mercury on the outdoor thermometer is hovering and regardless of what happens to be dropping from the sky.
- Utilizing a personal trainer can help keep you focused and challenged.
- A variety of group fitness classes keeps the routine fun and engaging, targets different areas of the body and offers the opportunity to learn something new.
When embarking on a weight loss program at a gym, on-site personal trainers can show you how to lose weight safely and effectively.
Personal trainers positively contribute to your program in several ways, by:
- Assessing your goals and limitations in order to tailor the most effective weight loss program of exercise that will work for you.
- Guiding you in how to use exercise equipment properly, showing you how to lose weight without injury.
- Inspiring your motivation to take on and complete each workout session by keeping the routine enjoyable.
- Providing the moral support and encouragement that you need to stick with your commitment, progress toward more challenging workouts and transform your motivation to exercise into your exercise habit.
Find Variety In Your Exercise Habit
While people may consider owning one piece of exercise equipment in their homes, a gym membership grants you access to a variety of exercise equipment, from elliptical machines to treadmills, to get your skeletomuscular system moving, your blood flowing and your heart pumping. Exercise machines provide an excellent cardiovascular workout. Keep the repetitive natures of these forms of exercise enjoyable by using this time to catch up on listening to your favourite music. Incorporating strength training into your routine will tone muscles and shape your physique.
Group Fitness classes are engaging and inspiring way of exercising with others. The different classes provide variation in the exercise routine so that you are never bored. Here are just a few of today’s popular and exhilarating classes offered at a gym:
Starting at the gym today will point you on the track toward healthier tomorrows. Take a positive step toward weight loss and better health at any of World Health’s seven convenient Calgary locations.