Certified Personal Trainer - Apply
A Personal Trainer at World Health Calgary is responsible for
integrating new members into their new lifestyle, ensuring they
have the tools necessary to use their membership on a regular
This involves training clients on a regular basis and creating a
program that clients can follow when they are exercising without a
personal trainer. You will also prescribe group exercise classes
that the clients can attend.
Salary: Hourly: min. $19.44 - max. $40 for 40.0
hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Permanent Full-Time
Number of Positions: 5
Languages: English - read, write, speak
Education: Completion of high school;
completion of colledge/CEGEP/vocational or technical training;
completion of university
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships,
courses, etc.): Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Certificate; Fitness Instructor Certificate
Types of Clients: All ages
Work Setting: Fitness Centre
Activity Focus: Leading/instructing
individuals; Leading/instructing groups
Specific Skills: Demonstrate and instruct
athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques; plan and
carry out fitness and sports activities
Additional Skills: Keep logs and maintain
- Follow up with new members to ensure they are achieving their
goals and using their membership
- Create new relationships and strengthen existing relationships
with members on our workout floor daily
- Actively prospect for new clients, by building relationships
with our members and asking for referrals from your existing
- Design effective programs based on client requirements
- Lead dynamic personal training sessions ensuring your clients
achieve a session frequency necessary to obtain results
Why be a
Personal Trainer with World Health when you can do it on your
- World Health pays your liability insurance.
- World Health will offer you a continuing educational
scholarship and complimentary CEC courses.
- Access to over 100,000 members and thousands of check-ins per
- Clients can finance Personal Training packages.
- World Health pays vacation and statutory holiday pay.
Independent contractors miss out on income every hour they are not
- World Health provides base pay to get you started while you
build your client base.
- World Health provides instruction and mentoring so you are
- World Health Personal Trainers can earn a top income, even over
- On our amazing team, you are surrounded by people just like
What you also
need to know:
- Stay focused on your daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- In the service industry you work evenings and weekends and will
work a 12 hour shift on closeout
- Have thick skin. People will say "no" to you. Move past "no" to
I am interested in becoming a Personal Trainer, but am not yet
certified. How do I proceed?
If you're interested in becoming a personal trainer, but are not
yet certified, our Intern Program is a great place to begin.
We have developed a formal internship/mentorship program, where
interns can shadow and learn from some of our fitness veterans.
World Health has also partnered with various educational
institutions where you can obtain the credentials necessary to
become certified. If you would like more information on our intern
program, please email@example.com
Personal Training Certification Programs in Calgary:
Return to World
Health Careers page